Saturday, April 4, 2015

A little song of my heart set to the setting sun

[archival note: written march 22nd 2015]

automatic writing- go!

OK so this is not actually automatic writing. I don't have a desire to go that fast, I'm OK pausing as long as it's not to try and left brain think my way out of of something. But I realize I spend a lot of time doing what other people think I should do. And I spend a lot of time listening to other people, like on ted talks, talk about what is important and how to achieve it and what they're interested in.

More and more these days I get glimpses of, or rather feelings, of clarity. Like I know what I want, and what I'm feeling, and all I have to do is sit down and ask, look, and I will find.

So lets do that, right now Hermit. what is important to you, what is your view of life the universe and everything? What do you want, not because anyone else thinks its a good idea but because your soul wants it? Because your experience, right now, despite the fact that may change in a moment, but right now, says it is the truth.

The truth is
A) very simple
B) the truth is that beauty and reality matter to me. Beauty. Watching the sunset. That is a good thing. That is a significant thing. It matters. Watching the golden orange light of the sun on the tree branches and the strippled shadows cast by the tree branches. The moving of the branches by the wind, the sound of the wind. These things matter.

I also feel fear. I feel fear of my impending projects. My ancestor project. there will be no judging or grading. but I am worried I will get up there and feel that I didn't prepare enough and thus didn't give the audience a good journey. Which ... would be a loss. I have an opportunity to do that, to do something moving. I don't know if I can accomplish that, while taking care of all the other things I should realistically be taking care of. How important is that, really?

Hm, well I care about it, it is meaningful to me. I want to give a good gift. But the fear. The fear seems pointless. And in fact, a little stifling. Like the fear of people overhearing me practicing and thinking what I'm doing is silly, or annoying. I guess annoying is valid... but only if I'm actually invading personal space... like it's late at night or it's preventing focus... and most of the time it's not, and hopefully they will tell me if it is.

I cannot, however, get rid of the fear by telling it it's stupid. But I can see through it as clearly as possible in terms of its use... is it useful? Does it help me do a better job? It might make me strive to do my best.. that would be a positive. But it also makes me close down. That element is not conductive to an enjoyable life.

OK, I want to get back to larger vistas.

I keep hearing the world ask me what I want to do, what I'm planning to do, in the future. Well, mainly my girlfriend who wants me to move back where she is.

But right now, my sense of honesty says I don't want to think about the future that way. It doesn't interest me.  I want to live fully alive in the moment. Until I can do that with greater regularity, any plans for the future are deeply flawed and will end up being wrong, because, eventually, when I do start living in the now, I will then and only then know what I really love, because it will be what I'm moving towards, right now.  And resting in that present moment is extremely comfortable. It removes me from the fear, halfway, because I can, don't have too, but I can, trust the present moment and my understanding of it, to guide me well. And secondly because it leaves me free to experience the emotion of fear fully, unbiased, un-attacking, un-manipulating, and that allows it to be loved. Hard to explain that well. Loved into release, and thus non existence. Loved into changing, releasing its hold and disappearing like a spirit, a ghost freed of its earthly shackles. Love maybe not as you traditionally think of it, but love that is simply non-judgmental awareness. Yes, I guess it's a little mothering, but it is almost neutral in other ways. But fundamentally, giving something non-judgmental attention feels, is, love.

So, my future is: I don't know. I don't care. That is frustrating to other people but not to me, and the only reason I care about what other people think is.. ah, one of my biggest blocks: I don't want to hurt others. I don't want to make them uncomfortable, sad, angry, disappointed. I don't want to hurt them.

I have been told what the correct response to that is, but what do I actually think the correct response is? My own answer?  My own answer is I care deeply about others. I want to be kind to them. In any way I can. But only within my sense of universal truth... how to describe it well. It is.. a warm beam of light. I am within it, or I am not. When I am within it, all feels fundamentally at peace. Things are sad sometimes, things are frightening. but I know I am in the light of.. of the divine, truly. Of the universal ... rightness. That which is the way man was meant to live. Divine law, which is absolute and absolutely love. So, that is to say, I want to be extremely utterly massively kind to others, all others. But only within the parameters of that mote of light. Stepping outside that mote, I can do things that I think would be kind actions, butt there is a fundamental sense of betrayal to my truth. I can do it, I often do it, but only because I don't trust my own sense of the boundaries of that mote of light. But even then, I do know where the boundaries are. It's just I've momentarily distrusted them.

So really, it's just a matter of allowing my impulse of kindness to dictate my actions, except when it goes outside the bounds of divine law as I know it in my heart. Which is not universal, by the way, it's my own conscience, telling my own level of growth what is appropriate or not.

My life then becomes very very simple: sometimes I know what feels right. Actually, often. Maybe always. So, I can pause and follow it, or not. It is that simple. The reason for not following it is when it feels vague, or unclear. But I can still choose my best guess. Or rather, better put, what feels right, even if it's an uncertain thing.

Sometimes it's complicated by... me... what is it that happens? I switch into a... kind of ... thinking. I wish for guidance so hard that I start making it up. I wish for clarity so hard that I give myself clarity all right, but it's an artificial clarity. It's a doll that I've constructed because I was lonely and there were no people around. It feels fake and it doesn't give me what a real thing would give me. That is a thing that happens sometimes.

My thinking feels very clear right now. These things I'm saying are true things for me. they are how I think and feel, right now. Truly me, as much as there is a me. My feelings, my wants, my thoughts. Not other people's.

It is a good place to be.

I type this while staring out my window at the trees and sunset, because why look at a computer's screen unless you have to. More editing later I suppose. But it lets my mind be more in tune with the present moment. It lets me dwell on the beauty that is truly important to me.

I think that is all for now.

Much love to the infinite overflowing present moment, filled  with beauty and mystery. Full and safe. Without thoughts right now, everything is complete. Totally complete. I need nothing more. I don't need to travel or grow anywhere to be complete. This is totally enough, this truth right now. This being truthful with myself. It is good. I know what I know, and I don't know what I don't know. And the knowing is... like a song. It flows and is ever changing like the wind. Like the whole world. And it's alive. And it can't be contained, frozen. Just as if you kill something to keep it from changing any more, it is not the living thing it was. It is a corpse, not really a person or animal or tree or whatever, any more.

I could keep singing, but there aren't any more words, or they are at least slowing down, and I feel it is wrapping up now.

as I said, good bye, good day, for now. Live your life with love.

2 comments:

  1. forever was never till now (ee cummings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Isaac. I thought so a year ago also. You describe it so well-the warm beam, the utter beauty of a moment, the shifting of light, the internal landscape. I'm glad you are a writer, that you are able to experience and express these things. And that on the dusty archives of the internet I can still find the voice of your soul while the frogs sing me to sleep. It has been a long time brother.

    ReplyDelete