Thursday, March 19, 2015

A good day and an update, part 1

Today was a good day. So I should write about it. March 8th, I think it was. Sunday. 2015

Also, the last few months... weeks? have been somewhat remarkable, in a subtle way, in terms of my personal growth, so I should notate it, or I'm liable to forget that I was ever any other way than I am now. This way I've got reminders of things to be grateful for. And reminders never to get haughty about my life being wonderful or me being a skilful actor on the stage of life. Because I've been both seriously biting it and seriously falling on my face trying to do the whole life thing well.

OK, lets start with today.

I visited my parents! Yay! I think my relationship with my parents has just gotten better and better over the years. Which is great. I've also come to value it more and more.

Now I always realized I was deeply fortunate to have nice, understanding, caring, fun parents. But more than that, I've come to realize how important it is not to waste time making fights. If there is an issue that needs addressing, fine, but often there's not really anything to do about the 'issues.' So it's much better to spend the short bit of time we have together on this spinning blue ball being kind and loving to each other.

Death taught me that. Because we're going to die, and it's going to put everything in a very wide angle perspective, and a lot of what we are all doing is going to look like ridiculous crap and a terrible waste of time. Namely anything that's not about loving each other and deeply enjoying life. Or, if it has to be crappy sometimes (which it seems to), learning powerful lessons from the challenges we face, leading even better lives.

Oh boy, this is going to be a long post if I take that long to describe everything that's happened today, let alone in the past few months. Well, maybe I'll give a summary and post more details later if I get time, at least in terms of the general growth thing.

Anyhoo: Today: visited parents. SNOW! In this part of the east coast, there is around three feet of snow now in the forest. I have been in the city without time for nature for weeks and as I stepped into the woods it was like hot metal quenching in water, sizzling and then quickly calming down. Nature is water to me. When I don't get it, I burn, I crave, I thirst. But I don't die. So it does end up happening, when I'm crazy busy. Which is the base substance of New York City. It is carved out of people's 90 hour work weeks.

Anyhoo, I started playing with the snow, which was abundant, and, due to the warm day, perfect for snowballs. I stat against a tree, breathing deeply and relaxing, throwing snowballs at things. Then I started rolling a little snow ball, getting it bigger and bigger. In the same way that the snowball got bigger and bigger, I got more and more excited, and after an hour and a half I realized I had made a giant snow monolith, as tall as I could reach to put snowballs on top of it (probably around 8 feet.) I spelled out the word "LOVE" in sticks on the southern side and left for lunch, content that I had gotten my exercise for the day and feeling like a little child again.

end part one. Part Two will be scheduled for... a few days after this is scheduled for.

No comments:

Post a Comment